Friday, September 19, 2014

Happiness in Love


Darkness, caves,
Light, valleys and plains;
Where does this road lead me?
Rain poured, unexpectedly,
flood came, drowning my soul;
my heart pounding
eyes blurred with tears.
My mind traveling
way back…

Am I wrong?
Meeting love.
Meeting hatred.
Yet, chose to love again?
I came across sorrow in happiness,
I felt pain in love,
But I never learned!

Now, I wallow in misery… again.
Was it I?
Was it you?
Wasn’t it right for us?
I tried to understand
I know you gave your best, too.
Perhaps it was love.
Perhaps it wasn’t.
Or still, time wasn’t right
that you and I would be.

Wandering… I came to a stop,
“Do I love you?”
I listened…
“I’m no longer sure
as I was before.”
Was it because of pride?
I don’t know.
Then I let go.

Disguising myself,
I smile.
I laugh.
Thinking.
Oh! We really would never be!

Asking myself:
When would happiness
be real happiness
not pain clothe in joy;
When will love
be endless and true love?
Only heaven knows!

Hoping. Wishing.
praying hard, too.
That in the right time
in a right place
with the right person
I’ll find happiness in love.





©Marjo Josue

No comments: