Friday, September 19, 2014

Happiness In Love... Found


Daylight penetrated
my shadowy life;
Rays of hope
came like prophets,
Angels descended for the good news
proclaiming love … found!

But doubt hovered
My heart filled with fear
for the doomed value of my youth
and the principles I broke;
for the love found for eternity
that shed light to this
abandoned spirit.

I may have bridged over sorrow
and crossed the darkness of tunnels,
I may have fought the inevitable
and lost the stupid game they call love;
But then again, I hoped
and my prayer was granted,
He accepted this scorned soul
and embraced the beleaguered woman in me.

Then vows were made
But hey! Were they from Heaven?
Do I deserve happiness?
Do I deserve love?
Do I deserve him?
He may be the one.
He has to be the one.
Deep in this wounded heart
stream a music that was searching
for the right note to be struck,
so love would radiate
from the unknown crypt
where I once hid
from the selfishness of my prey.

Now the chains were broken,
the burden was lifted up;
The love I was once just yearning for
conquered the fear that blinded me
and has brought me home
from that of which I thought
was my sarcophagus
of no return.

And now I have known
what real happiness is.
Yes! It’s in the arms of my husband.
It’s in the warmth of his embrace.
It’s in the song of his silence.
It’s in the melody of his voice.
It’s in the solitude I have found in his gaze.
It’s in the music of his laughter.
It’s in the joy of his love.
Yes! It’s in this man
that I have found happiness in love
at last.




©Marjo Josue

No comments: